FREE EDUCATIONAL EXCURSION FOR THIRD COUNTRY NATIONALS (TCNS) – Visit Vouni Village and the Annual Shepherd’s Festival at Pachna Village
Sunday 7/7/2019 @12:30
Agios Athanasios Municipality invites you to join the upcoming free educational trip
accompanied by a professional tour guide!
Vouni, is a picturesque village with cobbly alleys, traditional houses with wooden doors, large windows, narrow balconies and inside yards. Vouni attracts both locals and foreigners with its rich
architectural heritage. It is located in the Krasochoria region of the Lemesos District, on an altitude of 800 metres above sea level. The village spreads on a slope with a southern gradient.
The village’s landscape is “impressive with its high peaks reaching a height of 1153 metres.
Pachna is considered to be the largest wine village in the Limassol district. The village is famous for its dairy products, grapes, wine, traditional zivania and good food at the beautiful traditional
taverns. This year’s “Annual Feast of the Shepherd” will be held on Sunday 07.07.2019. Each year the festival attracts hundreds of people and highlights the tradition of the place in the production of quality dairy products but also the traditional customs and customs related to the life and activities of the breeders.
The program of activities includes:
Vouni Village (13:00-14:30 aprox.)
- Sightseeing tour of Vouni Village with the support of a professional tour guide
Lunch will take place at a local traditional tavern at Vouni (14:30-16:00 aprox.)
Pachna village (16:30 – 19:30 aprox.)
- Visit the “Annual Shepherd’s Festival” where you will have the opportunity to:
- See a demonstration of cutting and milking sheep and goats.
- Se a demonstration of the production of dairy products (haloumi, anari, trachanas).
- Visit an exhibition with traditional breeds of animals bred in the area
- Take a tour with train in the streets of Pachna and the chapel of Agios Stefanos by bus.
- See the traditional dairy merchandise promotion
- Visit the exhibition of livestock objects and tools etc
Meeting Point: Agios Athanasios Municipality (parking)
Deadline for participation: Monday, 01/07/2019 (max number of 50 participants)
Application accepted from TCN’S only with a copy of valid residence permit and passport
- Application Form
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of the Residence Permit (both sides)
For more information and participation please call: 25 – 864 108/107 OR send your completed APPLICATION FORM and documents to [email protected] or send by fax: 25 – 729 261